sun and surf for our guests
Wednesday, 10 August 2011
st ives lifeboat day
There will be lots of stalls, a barbeque and perhaps the most anticipated is the live display from the lifeboat crew and RNAS Culdrose Search and Rescue helicopter.
Later on there will be live music and a raffle outside The Sloop Inn.
The RNLI do a sterling job in looking after the UKs water users on the beach and out at sea, so please do come down and support the day if you are in the area.
Thursday, 21 July 2011
my favourite time of year...
1) St Ives September Festival - if you haven't been, try it... Music, arts, celebrations and all round fun - its a bit like a celebration of the end of the season for locals and those in the know.
2) Amazing sunsets - I don't know why it is, but September seems to have the most amazing sunsets, much mellower than earlier in the summer.
3) Surf - it goes without saying for many, but September is THE month for surfing in Cornwall - warm water, powerful swells and offshore winds.
4) Calming - as the children head back to school and the masses think summer has ended the county quietens down, the traffic eases and life becomes a bit more relaxed again. The locals come out to play and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.
5) Greenaway Pro - In memory of a popular local surfer, a surf competition with much more soul than normal surf comps. The Guildhall normally hosts live music in the evenings to add to a weekend of fun.
The list could go on and on but for now this has put happy thoughts in my mind just thinking about it. Luckily for you though we still have some availability for this popular month, but be quick as last year we were fully booked!